ABC is ...
Learn more About Us.
- Over 500 members strong locally.
- 22,000 members strong nationally.
- Representing the entire merit shop construction team (general and specialty contractors, suppliers, associates).
- THE voice of the construction industry.
Money Saving/Affinity Programs
Learn more about Member Discounts.
- Save with discounted Workers’ Comp Insurance (Chesapeake Employer's Insurance Company), and our Workers’ Comp Audit Program.
- Find affordable benefits for employees through a variety of healthcare programs.
- Save money through discount programs with business partners like Verizon Wireless, Blue Book, Enterprise Fleet Services, GM, FedEx, Paychex, FW Dodge, and more.
Business Development & Networking
Learn more about our Business Development programs.
- Have FUN and build relationships at monthly networking meetings, our annual Golf Outings, and the GC Expo.
- Develop leadership and business skills through involvement in our committees and our Leadership Development Program.
- Build relationships and contribute to the association through our “ABC.XYZ” Young Professionals Networking Group.
- Earn project recognition through our Excellence in Construction Awards program.
- Be included in our printed and online directories, and our Contractor Referral Service.
- Attend ABC’s national conventions.
- Take advantage of sponsorship and advertising opportunities at all of our events and in our publications.
- Strengthen your business by working with the very best contractors, suppliers, and professional associate firms in the area – other ABC of Metro Washington members!
Learn more about our Safety resources.
- Receive first-class training in First Aid, CPR, OSHA certification, Fall Prevention, Mold Awareness, and much more.
- Be recognized through our Safety Awards programs.
- Receive monthly safety updates and tips.
- Join the Safety Committee at monthly roundtable presentations and at the annual Mid-Atlantic Construction Safety Conference.
- Access resources such as our Construction Safety Management publications and our English/Spanish Construction Phrases pocket dictionary.
Legislative Affairs & Labor Relations
Learn more about our Legislative Affairs efforts on behalf of our members.
- Join your voice with other ABC members – protecting free enterprise and your right to do business! Know your business interests are being represented at local, state, and national levels.
- Support ABC-PAC and the merit shop philosophy.
- Attend ABC’s National Legislative Conference (past speakers include President Bush, John McCain, and Michael Steele).
- Support our DC Initiative, focused on keeping the city open to merit contractors.
- Use our VoterVoice online system to receive updates and easily connect with your elected officials.
- Get a free consultation with the ABC labor attorney in the event of a labor issue.
- Access labor relations resources and publications, attend meetings on EFCA, Davis Bacon regulations, green building issues & green collar jobs, immigration issues, independent contractor classifications, contractor licensing regulations, and other legal issues.
Learn more about our Education and CraftMasters Training programs.
- Train your workforce to be the best in the industry with our apprenticeship programs in MD and DC (fully accredited), currently approved: C.O.R.E. (Construction Orientation & Readiness Education), carpentry, concrete form builder, drywall, electrical, HVAC, masonry, painting, plumbing, reinforced ironworking, sheet metal, sprinkler Fitting, and structural ironworking.
- Improve skills with our 32-Hour Backflow certification course and our Journeyman’s Prep courses for Electricians and Plumbers.
- Attend management-education seminars on topics such as contract negotiations, bonding, claims, LEED study sessions, Construction Quality Management certification, etc. We also have repeated extended course offerings in Blueprint Reading, our annual Project Managers’ & Superintendents’ Academy.
Learn more our News & Resources.
- Stay informed through monthly newsletters, electronic alerts, legislative updates, and our quarterly Building Washington magazine.
- Stay connected through our annual membership Directory & Buyers’ Guide.
- Save time with our labor law poster packets.
Learn more about our workforce development programs on our Education page.
- Find employees at community job fairs.
- Support our future workforce development efforts and our school outreach programs.
- Give to our scholarship fund.